Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Student Success Strory Part 5


Student Success Story

                                        Part 5

Andrea Packer – Without the prestigious DCCC Presidential Scholarship she won in 2008, Andrea Packer, a 2010 DCCC honor graduate, says she doubts she would already be pursuing her baccalaureate degree from Catawba College. “I cannot say thank you enough to whomever paid for my education, and I am going to continue to do my best to make them happy that they invested in me,” she said.

Since August 2010, Packer, 20, has been working toward her bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from Catawba College, and she doesn’t have to leave DCCC’s Davidson Campus to do so. She said she likes the convenience of leaving her teaching assistant’s job in one DCCC building and walking only steps to her evening Catawba College classes where she is taking history, statistics and education courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment